Sunday, September 17, 2006

Find a story...


Sunday afternoons were made for naps. Universal, even to lazy Italian cats. Today I napped for a while and read for a while. And in the magic of sleep, wakening, and reading, I found inspiration.

Golden moments have visited me often, nipping at the heels of Abby. "Mommy, Bobby", as we were dubbed today, were awed she said "Cookies, pease" and "Tank you" to strangers. She insists we all kiss her animals and Gracie with a "mwa" like she does. And rocks have even become cars that go "vroom" for her. She is my dream maker today.

But this afternoon I also stole away to book land full of dryads, nymphs, laughing children, babbling brooks, and pine trees. Days of Dreams and Laughter by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables) opened my dreams to forgotten memories of this slumbering cat, hopes of writing in a remote corner of the world, and other dreams that are fading with the evening. But I went there, thanks to a book and solitude. Solitude links me to God. And God reminds me of who am I meant to be. So go find a spot to dream, to open your heart, and bask in the divine.

No comments: